Many thanks to Mary Beth at Pleasing 2 the Eye: http://pleasing2theeye.blogspot.com/ for this award! I love it! I'm late in accepting it, but that's not because I don't appreciate the thought. I just finally had time to get this up and fulfill (at least in part) the requirements:
In a post on your blog, nominate 15 fellow bloggers for The Versatile Blogger Award.
In the same post, add the Versatile Blogger Award.
In the same post, thank the blogger who nominated you in a post with a link back to their blog.
In the same post, share 7 completely random pieces of information about yourself.
In the same post, include this set of rules.
Inform each nominated blogger of their nomination by posting a comment on each of their blogs.
So here are seven random things.
1. I am a passionate lover of art, but I have no talent.
2. I have written a fan-fiction novel, and one year I wrote a “mainstream” novel during NaNoWriMo. I’m still stuck in the middle of the second draft of the latter.
3. I love tea, hate coffee.
4. I don’t like seafood or steak.
5. I hated school all the way through high school. After graduation I took a secretarial course and worked for three years, then decided I wanted to go to college. I loved it, and I never really stopped going to school for at least twenty years thereafter.
6. At various times in my life I’ve wanted to be a writer (always), a jockey, a film critic, a historian, a photographer, an art historian, a librarian/archivist, and an editor. I accomplished the last one and am still working on the first. My ambition is to be a lifelong learner.
7. I am a city person. My favorite cities (besides my home, Providence) are Chicago, Toronto, London, and New York.
As for the nominations--this is the hard part. Not that I don't love a lot of blogs, but many of my favorites do already have this award. I've picked out nine deserving bloggers for the award and reserve the right to nominate six more bloggers to be named later, as I continue to expand my blogging experiences.
My nominations are:
My Child Is Very Advanced http://mychildisveryadvanced.blogspot.com/
Michael’s Fishbowl http://michaelsfishbowl.wordpress.com/
Empty House, Full Mind http://www.emptyhousefullmind.com/?p=587
Crochet with Raymond http://crochethealingandraymond.wordpress.com/
Alphabet Salad http://www.alphabetsalad.com
Andrea's Andi's Book Reviews http://andisbookreviews.blogspot.com
and How to Laugh at Alzheimer's http://laughatalzheimers.blogspot.com
Passionate Pursuits: http://www.brendamoguez.com
Hearts in Fur Coats: http://www.heartsinfurcoats.com
I hope you all enjoy this award as much as I do.