My Gratitude/Happiness List ▪ Week of July 21, 2014
Joining with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude linkup at Alphabet Salad.
Here are some things I’m grateful for and that make me happy this week.
▪ First and foremost, getting the cast off my wrist. It doesn’t feel perfect yet; I still have to wear a brace at least till I start therapy on Thursday, but I feel so much freer.
▪ Having a short story accepted by Relief Journal for their next issue.
▪ That I was patient when the journal took seemingly forever to reply. I was on the verge of withdrawing the story and submitting it to a strictly online journal, but I really, really wanted to keep trying to get it into a print publication. When their acceptance finally came, they apologized, saying they had been looking for a new fiction editor and finally found one. My patience paid off!
▪ The support of friends and family while I was recuperating from surgery.
▪ Receiving a lovely gift of flowers from a friend (thank you, Amy Morgan!)
▪ Having the opportunity to guest post on Laurel Regan’s Alphabet Salad while she’s away at the BlogHer conference.
▪ To once again be able to take a shower without covering my hand in plastic bags and to actually wash with my right hand. To be able to eat normally again (“normally” for a right-handed person, that is).
▪ Lots of reading time over the past week and this one. I’ve finished five books so far.
▪ Although I am normally a heat lover, I’m grateful that the recent weather was a little cool for July so that I wasn’t sweaty and itchy under my cast.
▪ My husband’s thoughtfulness and support in taking two days off from work to take me for my surgery and to bring me to the doctor for my follow-up, as I couldn’t drive with the cast on.
▪ Getting a professional shampoo and cut while my wrist is healing.