teapot1

teapot1

Monday, March 3, 2014


My Happiness/Gratitude List (March 3, 2014)

I am again linking up with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude List with my own Happiness/Gratitude List to share what I am grateful for and what made me happy during the past week:

The publication of my short story in TheQuotable .

My husband taking me out to dinner to celebrate my publication.

Receiving the DVDs I ordered: the first season of Dr. Kildare!

The sight of steam rising in the sunlight from my teacup.

 The sweet, earthy smell of a newly watered plant.
 

 Having written 13 blog posts in February.

 Having breakfast out on a weekday.

 My husband buying me flowers for no particular reason.
 

 Lectoring at church.

 A relaxing Sunday: a matinee of “Inside Llewyn Davis,” dinner, and watching the Oscars.

 Getting another skein of beautiful yarn so I can start the pattern I found to use it with!
 
(This color isn't true. The yarn is really much more red than this--not nearly this garish!)

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your short story publication. You had great things happening during your week, lovely treats and flowers and I'm glad that wool is a nicer colour in real life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sally! I think it's important to recognize how much we have in our lives that does make us happy and be grateful. And yes, I wouldn't have bought the yarn in such a neon orange color, lol! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. I love your list! I am so grateful for health and energy, given what I see around me--friends suffering and having such a hard time. I am blessed and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad that you are healthy and blessed, Carol, and congratulations on your latest publication! I also feel very lucky when I realize how many other people are struggling. It's good to realize that and be grateful for what we have.

      Delete
  3. I love the mix of accomplishments, appreciation of simple joys around you during solitary times, shared times with Tim and surprises like your flowers! A truly lovely mix of week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy, your support is one thing I'm always grateful for! I do think we need to understand that little things can be as important--even more so because they're more common--as the big ones in our lives. Thank you always being here for me.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on your book! I love your lists and photos... such a joy to be art of this weekly gratitude group. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers - how sweet of him. And congratulations on the publication! Sounds like you had a lovely week. :)

    ReplyDelete