teapot1

teapot1

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Fabulous Blog ribbon!






Sandra, at A WriterWeaves a Tale, has kindly passed on this ribbon to me--thanks so much, Sandra!


According to the rules, I need to reveal five “fabulous moments” in my life, mention five things I love, and list five things I hate, then pass on the award to five more deserving bloggers. Here goes:



Five fabulous moments in my life:

-getting my first permanent job out of college with a scholarly publisher


-the night I became engaged


-my wedding day


-my first publication, a poem, in a literary magazine


-the day I left my job to start my own freelancing business



Five  things I love:

 (just a few off the top of my head. These are things, not people and pets, which go without saying)


-Books, books, books!


-Art


-Watching DVDs of old television shows from the 50s and 60s (e.g. Dick van Dyke, Alfred Hitchcock Presents)
 

-Bright, vivid colors, especially blues and greens, and especially blue and green together



-Green salads with fruit! cranberries, strawberries, mandarin oranges…yum!



 Five  things I hate:


-My mother’s dementia. The existence of dementia and Alzheimer’s disease in the world.


-Mushrooms
 

-Creepy crawly things (no, I will never live in the South, in spite of my next item)
 

-Being cold


-People who complain about others trying to force religious beliefs on them while trying to force their own nonbelief on others
 



Five deserving bloggers:

-My Writing Corner    http://amywritesnet.blogspot.com/


-How to Laugh at Alzheimer’s   http://laughatalzheimers.blogspot.com/
 

-Full Mind, Empty House  www.emptyhousefullmind.com


-Quig Land    www.quigland.com/


-http://writinginthemarginsburstingattheseams.blogspot.com/



3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the Blog Award. Loved your five fab moments. Your 5th hate made me laugh out loud. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting us know you better. I hate people trying to force their religion on me. I have my own religion, but I don't push it on others.

    http://joycelansky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful pic, wonderful writing. I can't help to read your next post. By the way, Would you like to wholesale Ribbon from World's Largest Ribbon Manufacturer, we have 19 sizes, 196 colors with thousand styles of Satin Ribbon, organza ribbon, grosgrain ribbon and other ribbons as well as bows for choice. All of them are sold with bottom price assured. Our customers include LV, Chanel, Disney, Playboy, Boss and many other famous brands. Trust me, we won't let you down!

    Website: http://www.yamaribbon.com

    ReplyDelete