teapot1

teapot1

Monday, December 30, 2013





Gratitude List: December 30, 2013

 

As the year ends, I’m linking up again with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude List at her wonderful blog, Alphabet Salad , to share a few things (large and small) that I’m grateful for right now in my life.

 


  Getting an email from my cousin in South Carolina, who’s been fighting cancer, telling me that she’s doing well, regaining weight, and feeling normal again.

  Not having another work project coming in till the second week in January—having precious time off!!!

  The smell of pine filling the house from the Christmas tree.
 
 

  Getting eight books for Christmas, plus two Barnes & Noble gift cards! I’ll be busy for a while.

  People in our neighborhood who, like us, leave their lights on and their trees up until well after New Year’s.

  Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea, Bigelow French Vanilla tea—just TEA!

  With no immediate family left, having a great extended family and wonderful in-laws on both my side and my husband’s.

  Having survived the losses of my brother and mother over the past five years, being caregiver for my mother for two years, and now being settled back in our own home; having had a relatively stable and peaceful 2013, I feel that I’ve accomplished my goal of “renewal” and am now looking forward to a good and productive new year.
 
I hope all of you have many things to be grateful for at this moment. Share them at Laurel's blog!
 
 
 

8 comments:

  1. Lovely seasonal list! All the very best to you in 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Laurel, and thanks for starting this linkup to remind us all how lucky we are. Best wishes to you and yours, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful list! I'm a firm believer that the surest way to increase our blessings is to count the ones we already have. Gratitude is the road to happiness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Beth! Thanks for visiting and for the comment.

      Delete
  4. Lovely and heartfelt list. So grateful to have YOU in my life! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As I am to have you, my friend! Thanks so much for all your encouragement.

      Delete
  5. Great list...so happy you received books this year!

    Susan Dusterhoft
    Today's Working Woman
    todaysworkingwoman.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan. Books are the best gift of all in my mind!

      Delete