Gratitude List: December 30, 2013
As the year ends, I’m linking up again with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude List at her wonderful blog, Alphabet Salad , to share a few things (large and small) that I’m grateful for right now in my life.
● Getting an email from my cousin in South Carolina, who’s been fighting cancer, telling me that she’s doing well, regaining weight, and feeling normal again.
● Not having another work project coming in till the second week in January—having precious time off!!!
● The smell of pine filling the house from the Christmas tree.
● Getting eight books for Christmas, plus two Barnes & Noble gift cards! I’ll be busy for a while.
● People in our neighborhood who, like us, leave their lights on and their trees up until well after New Year’s.
● Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime tea, Bigelow French Vanilla tea—just TEA!
● With no immediate family left, having a great extended family and wonderful in-laws on both my side and my husband’s.
● Having survived the losses of my brother and mother over the past five years, being caregiver for my mother for two years, and now being settled back in our own home; having had a relatively stable and peaceful 2013, I feel that I’ve accomplished my goal of “renewal” and am now looking forward to a good and productive new year.
I hope all of you have many things to be grateful for at this moment. Share them at Laurel's blog!