My Gratitude List: January 6, 2014
My first link-up of the year with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude List at Alphabet Salad
to share a few things (large and small) that I’m grateful for right now in my life.
● Warmer temps, rain, melting the snow!
● Starting the new year with a great book: The Goldfinch.
● Having had a relaxing holiday season with no work projects hanging over me.
● That a good friend’s husband is doing well in rehab after suffering two strokes and is set to come home this week.
● Getting a good hour-plus workout on the Y’s treadmill while watching Love It or List It.
● DVDs of great old TV shows like Dick van Dyke, The Odd Couple, The Man from UNCLE, and The Prisoner.
● Having a wonderful sister-in-law, niece, and nephews to celebrate holidays with.
● Having a Christmas gift card that we used for dinner at a good local restaurant on New Year’s Day.
● Being part of a book club at our church led by a brilliant former Brown University professor who at 92 is sharper, more erudite, articulate, and well-read than I’ll ever be and who leads us in a selection of excellent books ranging from classics to modern masterpieces.
● My small group of really good friends.
● Being able to contribute in some small way to the good of someone else.
What are you grateful for at this moment in your life? Join us and share!