Gratitude/Happiness List (Week of July 6)
Joining with Laurel Regan’s Gratitude linkup at Alphabet Salad.
Here are some things I’m grateful for and that make me happy at this point in time.
● Modern medicine. My upcoming surgery will be outpatient and will be quick; recovery time is approximately ten days. Not fun, but much, much better than it used to be!
● That filmmakers are still making independent films that are intelligent and thought-provoking and not designed to be Big Box Office.
● That there are still theaters dedicated to running these independent films, and that we have two of them in Providence.
● Meeting our new neighbors and finding them a nice, friendly midlife couple with 13-year-old twins and a huge dog!
● The wisdom and courage of the founders of our country, who put their lives on the line for freedom.
● Sleepytime tea.
● Having curbside garbage and recycling pickup, unlike some other states where people have to bring their own recycling to a center.
● Having adopted our dog, Honey, four years ago.
● Good, supportive friends.
● Fresh strawberries and blueberries.
● Friday’s torrential rain holding off long enough for Tim and me to do a road race in the morning.
● A lovely Fourth of July weekend with a PawSox game, a free pops concert and fireworks on the waterfront, and lots of walking!
● The possibility (fingers crossed!) that we might have found a buyer for our other house.