teapot1

teapot1

Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy things...in difficult times

H IS FOR Happy Things… in difficult times
 

My first week of blogging in the A-Z challenge has been a little--heavy? (H word!) So I feel like lightening things up a little bit today, the day after Easter. Because the truth is that even amid sad and difficult times we can find things that make us happy. I’d like to concentrate on a few of those today.


A good cup of tea, especially when taken with something good to read.





The first taste of chocolate after my Lent deprivation.




Always, always, a good book.




Movies that make me happy: Singin’ in the Rain, White Christmas.



All the white blossoms on trees extending up and down the street.



Birds flying.



Having a good, focused day of work.



Finishing up a work project.



Starting a new work project.




Crocheting.



Watching my favorite teams, the Celtics and Red Sox, win.

 



Hot summer days, warm summer nights.



Dogs--even my neurotic little nut.




And most of all--my wonderful husband!









Today is my day to take time out and say how grateful I am for all the little and big blessings in my life.

13 comments:

  1. What a delightful and heartfelt list Elaine. And so nice to be thinking of things that make us happy! You mentioned so many of my favorites in here and even though you didn't mention red wine, Tim is holding what could be a nice glass of Cabernet Sauvignon, so th elist is complete for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blessings make me happy on your behalf. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. awwww that was a wonderful take on the challenge! Great post...i loved your happy things...especially the picture of your pup.. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice. I need to focus on the good things too ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful post!! It is nice to take time and remember the things that matter most and make us happy!!

    Cheers, Jenn.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simple and yet so wonderful, love your list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A delightful post. I love your take on looking at our blessings.

    Love your pup.

    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely post! And I am SO with you that tea, chocolate and a good book can make even the saddest of days happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the reminder that even sad days can have happy things. We just have to look for them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. great list! the neurotic nut looks beautiful and I'm having a cuppa and an Easter egg right now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Elaine, what a lovely list, made me feel all calm and relaxed and I can hear the birds chirping outside my window at the moment and the sun is shining, think I'll go out for a stroll. Blessings Amanda

    Amanda - Realityarts-Creativity
    Art Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely post, cheered me up. :0)

    ReplyDelete