teapot1

teapot1

Saturday, February 1, 2014



 
 “Perspectives” on February

 Thanks to a little gentle persuasion (pointing at you, Laurel Regan) and maybe a touch of masochism, I have signed up for my first National Blog Posting Month, or NaBloPoMo . This means committing to post on my blog every day throughout the month of February.

Why did I get myself into this when I have so much else to do? I asked myself that question. Here are some answers:
 

1.    My blog needs some nurturing. I’ve been neglecting it shamefully for various reasons. No time. Too many other things to do.  Sometimes I’d get an idea for a post, maybe even make a few notes, but then never get around to writing it up. So clearly I need a little discipline.



2.    In the past two years I did A-Z in April, but this year I’m planning to let that go—no good ideas for a topic, for one thing. But I still felt like I wanted a challenge. I just didn’t know what to do.

 
 

3.    The NaBloPoMo theme for February is “perspective”. Now this is a topic that definitely allows for a wide range of ideas, as perspective is important in so many things, from art to daily life. And when I thought about it, I realized that that, after all, is what blogging is all about—sharing our own perspectives on the world and on our lives. There’s no obligation in NaBloPoMo to write on the theme every day, yet it’s one that’s almost always implicitly there. So even when I don’t directly address perspective, it’s sure to creep in somehow. And it’s one that lends itself well to use of photography, too!

 
4.    February is such a blah month that it’s good to have something to look forward to. Besides, it’s a short month! Only 28 blog posts necessary!


 

5.    It just sounds like a lot of fun!

 

So I hope you will follow me during this month and sign up to do it yourselves. There’s a blogroll at BlogHer where you can list your blog and follow others who are embarking on this journey.

Onward to March!
 
 
 
 

3 comments:

  1. I always love your view and perspective on topics Elaine and look forward to following you on this February journey. Good for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Amy! Why don't you join us??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad you decided to sign up! I'm looking forward to the perspectives you have to share. :)

    ReplyDelete